15 August 2017

100 Hexies In 100 Days 2017

There's a fun, free sew-a-long on Instagram that I thought you might like to know about...and it involves prizes!


It is being organised by @sewfoxymama

Participants will be sewing 100 English paper pieced hexagons in 100 days, starting on August 14th but don't worry there is still time to catch up!

Be sure to use the hashtag #100hexies100days2017 to be included and so you can check out other people's work.

You can post every day or just post a picture of your seven hexies once a week. I will be doing that every Tuesday. My Instagram account is @jessiehjackson

Here are the hexie templates I will be using:
Free Printable 1.5 inch hexagons

I just printed hem out, cut around them loosely and stuck them on some light cardboard (cereal boxes are great) with a glue stick.

I then let them dry and cut on the lines.

If you need a tutorial to show you how to do English paper piecing, there is one here:
English paper piecing for beginners

You can also do a glue basting method if you prefer to be quick about it:
Tutorial by Sew What Sherlock


Have fun and see you on Instagram!

No comments:

Post a Comment